Re: 0.95-pre1 uploaded

the Dia for Windows 0.95-pre1 installer is available from

http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net

Thanks very much for that.  I came to Dia needing to draw diagrams for a
LaTeX document, and the 0.94 Windows version was incredibly unstable.  So, I
ended up installing CoLinux w/ Debian so I could run Dia.  I haven't had the
chance to download and compile 0.95-pre1 for CoLinux, but I did install the
new Windows version.  So far, it seems to run great.  I'll let you know if I
experience any problems that I think are Windows specific.

Is it possible to run Python plugins (group_props.py) in the Windows version
of Dia?  Obviously, changing group properties would be very nice.

I am using the MetaPost export functionality.  When the diagram is imported
into LaTeX, the font sizes and positions (vertically) are wrong.  I can
mostly fix this by scaling the font to be too small in Dia, but that would
be much easier with group_props.py (:

Of course, a better font sizing & positioning routine would be even better.
Is it practical to hack on the MetaPost export routine without setting up a
huge Windows development environment?

Is there anyone in particular that is the 'keeper' of the MetaPost plugin?

Thanks in advance,

            Rob