A small annoyance regarding 'paste'

I'd just like to share something I find annyoing with Dia. When I paste objects (using Ctrl-v), they appear somewhere up at the top left of my diagram. This usually results in me having to move the mouse a long distance in order to get the insert object to where it should be. Other drawing programs handle this differently, below are some alternatives to the current behaviour:

One simple solution is to insert the object at the location of the mouse at the time of the 'Ctrl-v'.

Another simple solution is to insert the object at the last location the user clicked on the screen.

A more advanced alternative is as follows and is useful/active when a user inserts an object, moves it a little bit, insert another object, moves it a little bit and then inserts a third object (and more). In this case, Dia could measure the distance between the last two inserted objects, and when inserting a third object, it is placed at a location that is relative to the last inserted object, offset a distance equal to the distance between the second last and the last object. (Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here...). The whole point of this is that it makes it very quick to insert many equidistantly spaced objects.

cheers
/Christian