dia export to pdflatex with formulas - HOWTO?

Hi!
Normally, I use the Dia eps export, epstopdf, and include them into
pdflatex \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{foo.pdf} with very good results.

No I like to include a figure with latex formulas.

My trials so far ...
1.1 IÂve tried to use the PStriks export function.
It seems that this only works with latex, and not with pdflatex.
(my experience and of some other guys in the news-world.)

1.2 So I included them into latex using \input{export.tex}
 -> compiled them to dvi -> to postscript -> to pdf
Now I have the figure with Formulas, but as one page.
I'ts to big with a hole page as (Bounding Box?!) -> Preprocessing ?!?
Also this way seems not to be very convenient.

2.0 I'v tried to export them as metapost.
Renaming the .mp to .mps and including them into pdflatex also does not
work:
\includegraphics[scale=0.5]{test.mps}
! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in images/test.mps (no
Bounding
Box).
If have played with parameters of \includegraphics but without any
improvements.

Has anyone a precooked solution for me ?
What is the easiest (not theoretically) way to include dia figures into
pdflatex (with formulas)?
If you have them working, tell me your setup.

Thank you very mutch!
Fabian

My Setup:
CentOS 4.2 Linux ^= RHEL 4
Dia version 0.94, compiled 13:41:32 Jun  1 2006
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-1.10b