Re: dia "quits unexpectedly" on startup - no symbol table info available?

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 12:00 -0400, Lars Clausen wrote:
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
No worries. :)

Try moving away ~/.dia/defaults.dia first (it will merely reset any
default settings for new objects to their default default values) and
then run Dia again (twice, to see that the new defaults written by the
first run can be read).  If an bad default value for your new shape
has
caused the problems, this may cure it.  If this does cure it, please
open a bug report on Bugzilla and attach the defaults.dia file.

This did indeed fix it.  I verified it by putting the original
defaults.dia back into place & voila, crashed again! I love reproducible
errors. ;)

Bug report submitted.

Thanks for the assistance!
gabrielle