autogap handling of handles

Hi,
I'm concerned about the updated position of handles when autogapping the lines. It used to be (at least in the first versions of that feature) that the handles would stay at the center of the objects
and only rendering would change.
Now (in some earlier version of HEAD, cannot easily update from where I am now), the line is somehow definitely resized to its new size.
I believe this changed for export reasons.

This has some useability issues, for instance it is no longer possible to move (or cut and paste)
such an arrow to make it connect two other equally spaced objects.

What do you think of this ?
PS: Nice to see you back active on the list, Lars
--
Grégoire Dooms