Re: A patch for new signals

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 11:33 +0100, David Johansson wrote:
Hi,

I made a patch wich adds two signals to the DiagramData GObject,
"object_add" and "object_remove", and enhances the python plugin so
that you can connect functions to them and the already existant
signals on the Diagram GObject.  I'm using the signals in a Python
plugin for adding arbitrary metadata to a diagram, and it needs to be
notified of some changes.

So, if you add my changes to the CVS I'd be very happy indeed!

Thanks for submitting this.  Testing, got it to compile alright after
rebuilding the marshall files.  Thank you for using Javadoc style
comments!

The undo handling seems to sometimes emit too many signals, namely when
undoing a delete signals are emitted for all elements of a diagram, not
just those undeleted.

There's also a possible concern, namely that objects can be removed from
the diagram and later readded by being part of a group.  I'm planning to
change that, but right now having received an "added" signal and no
subsequent "removed" signal does not necessarily mean that the object is
in the layers object list.

I'll go ahead and commit it anyway.  Could you consider how to deal with
the undelete problem I describe?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the