Re: Are contribs welcome?

Short answer: Yes.  Contributions are very welcome.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, Paolo Bernardi wrote:

Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:43:16 +0200
From: Paolo Bernardi <paolo bernardi tin it>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Are contribs welcome?

Hi to all,

I'm playing around DIA and its python plugin.
I noticed that some properties was read-only
(like operations/attributes in UMLClass) so I wanted
to try to hack this (after a try into the latest
sources).

Hans knows the Python plugin best and hopefully he can spare a moment to
answer your questions.  I also expect he will want to review any patches
you might submit.

For info: I'm working on a small-small CASE for my own
(it's not a "real" project, but a personal experimentation).

I don't know "how things go" inside a project like DIA,

Feel free to ask questions I'll do my best to answer them if I can.
Please do read the FAQ and try to search the mailing list archives for
answers as posting to the mailing list could take a while to get a
response (and if we do not have the answer we sometimes do not reply at
all unfortunately).

but if someone is interested on the patch that implements
the python-to-C attributes and operations I will be honored
to share the code.

If you are willing to share your best bet is to create a report in
Bugzilla, attach the patch and add the PATCH keyword.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com