Re: Animations

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 08:58, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
hide the layers you don't want, export. Hide layer N, show layer N+1,
export again. Repeat.

Works for me with PNG.

      -- Cyrille

Cyrille,
        Certainly if that works for PNG, it should work for any
of the output filters.

        But one of the reasons for using dia is the economy of actions in
accomplishing some task.  Basically, I'd like a command line option
that will perform the iteration you suggest above so that I can write
something like:

        dia $1.dia  --nosplash --export-to-format=fig -animate

and it will produce $1-1.fig, $1-2.fig, ..., $1-n.fig .

        Is there anything like this?  Does anyone want to implement it?  What
is the best way of specifying/implementing this?

Jon
Jon A. Solworth
Computer Science Dept. (M/C 152)        url: http://parsys.cs.uic.edu/~solworth
University of Illinois at Chicago       telephone: (312) 996-0955
851 S. Morgan Rm 1120 SEO               FAX:       (312) 413-0024
Chicago, IL 60607-7053