Animations

        I would like to have a diagram which becomes visible, gradually in a
series of steps.  For example, I cover cryptographic
network protocols in my security course, and I'd like to have each
message appear separately on my slides.

        Is there some way of doing this that does not require the
drawing of multiple figures?

        It would seem to me that layers is closest to what I need,
but is there some way of outputing just the layers I need?

Jon
Jon A. Solworth
Computer Science Dept. (M/C 152)        url: http://parsys.cs.uic.edu/~solworth
University of Illinois at Chicago       telephone: (312) 996-0955
851 S. Morgan Rm 1120 SEO               FAX:       (312) 413-0024
Chicago, IL 60607-7053