Re: Fedora Core 2, almost no problems [Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out]

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 01:24, Alan Horkan wrote:
It has been a long time since I've built Dia so easily.
Later I'll try some of the other build types if i can.

There was a message (near the end of make i think) which told me yes/no to
various features, like Gtk (yes) Python (no) but oddly Cairo was blank
with neither yes nor no indicated.

Shouldn't be blank, that's a minor bug.

at startup there was message telling me that some Cairo related libary had
failed to be found but it didn't seem to have any negative impact.
I'll get back (hopefully tomorrow) with exact error messages and other
feedback.

If you don't have Cairo installed (which most people won't), you'll get
this.  It's harmless.

I dont know how long it has been there but when I quit Dia i saw a message
on the console which read
"Thank you for using Dia".

Beautiful touch, nice work to whoever added that, I realy liked it.

Actually, if you check the code, you'll see that I added it to get
around some race condition at exit that gave GTK errors.  Ugly, ugly
kludge:)

-Lars