Re: Unable to correctly compile dia on NetBSD

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:26:41 +0200 (CEST), larsrc raeder dk wrote:
But in this piece of code, __sighandler_t is reported by the compiler
as unknown because not defined before. I'm sure it will be easy to
correct this, and I'll try again as soon as it's done.

It's not important on Win32.  On unix, we risk crashes if we don't have
that bit.  Now it's interesting that you show __sighandler_t old_action,
but the code has struct sigaction old_action.  It's also posix standard,
and I see nothing in autoconf about it.  Maybe somebody can dig up more
info on these things for *BSD.

     #include <signal.h>
     struct sigaction {
             void     (*sa_handler)(int);
             sigset_t sa_mask;
             int      sa_flags;
     };

     int
     sigaction(int sig, const struct sigaction *act, struct sigaction
*oact);

That's from the NetBSD 1.6.2 man page for sigaction(2).

A few months ago, I bumped into this while making the Firebird database
compile on NetBSD.  IIRC, 1.6.2 signal handling is not POSIX compliant
(it's pre-POSIX), while AIUI the 2.0 release, now in beta, will be.

--jkl