Re: Dia Issue

On 24 Oct 2003, Dag Wieers wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Le Thu, Oct 23, 2003, Ã 10:58:49PM +0100, gareth foster a
Ãcrit:
Ok, here is the problem, Dia looks very nice, but the RPM provided by
DAG (a major provider of RPMs for Redhat systems) is not behaving
correctly. He is aware of the problem, and does not know why it exists.

Is DAG installing into /usr ? If not, he needs to configure with the
right --prefix. Also, he complains that run_dia.sh is not shipped, AFAIR
it's inexact, it is in the app/ directory (but it's not installed, as
it's normally a development tool only)

It seems to be created on the fly with the _current_ working directory
included. I don't understand what's the point ? (My current working
directory when building is /mnt/dar/BUILD/dia-0.92/

Apart from that, it doesn't work when I fix the run_dia.sh with proper
paths.

One thing you could do if it still fails is to strace dia, and then grep
the strace output for "open" and the like -- and see what it tries to do
and where.

I tried that, but apart from the fact that it cannot find my defaults I
see nothing interesting. Dia doesn't expect to have an existing
configuration, does it ?

No, it will write the defaults once it runs.

The libraries may not be loaded through open, try running strace and
checking what the last few files mentioned are.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor