export to png + font size

Hi list!

I'm running Debian Sid, Dia version 0.91, compiled 18:10:07 Oct 10 2003

Problem is that the font sizes get messed up on exporting to png. I've
put up a sample (an image is 1000 words) up at
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/dia.png

In the Dia file, I need to create a HUGE font to have an acceptably
large font in the final png. Everything else (that looks normal in the
dia file) is minuscule after exporting to png.

Since I've used Dia in the past with no such problems, I thought this
would be a Debian package issue, and tried installing from source, but
I hit a snag during compilation:

*** Warning: Linking the executable dia against the loadable module
*** libdia.so is not portable!
libtool: link: cannot find the library `'
make[2]: *** [dia] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/Desktop/dia-0.92/app'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/Desktop/dia-0.92'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Any hints on correcting the font problem or the compilation error are
greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Alex