Re[2]: Modifying properties of several objects at the same time

I have not been following this conversation closely,
and I have been working mostly with an older Dia,
so my comments may be redundant.  If not...

To change the properties of multiple objects in
a diagram, I like to be able to associate a style
with them.  The style defintion should be local
to the diagram.  Each object can then be associated
with a list of styles, which should cascade like
CSS style sheets do.  In the long run, I think any
other approach proves awkward.

fwiw,
Alan