Re: File Formats (was SVG)

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 06:48, Aaron Trevena wrote:
p.s. Autodia 1.5 pre-release 2 is now available, with added Dia
(now both as input and output), VCG, GraphViz, SQL and DBI handling as
well as a bunch of fixes.

Okay. I have a question, which I know can be answered simply by looking
at the Autodia homepage, but would like to ask here in this forum.

If I have a database, say SQL Server, and I want to get the whole set of
about 40 tables into Dia, is Autodia the tool that does this for me? Or
do I need to find the script that says "create table x..." and have
Autodia parse that?

This is the kind of thing (I think) J.K. Lowden is interested in:
End-to-end Database1-->GenericRepresentation-->Database2. It is also, as
it turns out, something I've recently become very interested in since I
need to migrate from an MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL sometime in the near
future. Out of this conversion I would like to get a nice Dia-contained
ERD as well.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect and author, tedia2sql (http://tedia2sql.tigris.org)