Re: prerelease 4

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:26:33 -0500, "James K. Lowden"
<jklowden schemamania org> wrote:
On 2 Mar 2003, James K. Lowden wrote:

FreeType 1 wasn't the problem.  Enough -I switches was.  Eventually,
I read the speech in ft2build.h about what 2.1 would mean (but
evidently didn't).  What's 3 extra include paths among friends?

Good to hear.  We may want to write it down for future users.

Maybe AFAICT, FreeType2 is misconfigured in the current NetBSD pkgsrc.
I'm going to see what they say about what I had to do.

Lars,

In writing to the NetBSD pkgsrc folks, I found part of the problem.
NetBSD's X installation includes /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config, which
when invoked with --cflags yields a nonexistent directory.  I had
installed the freetype2 package, which of course had its own
freetype-config, installed later in $PATH.  You can imagine the ensuing
confusion, only some of which was mine (and yours).

I've written to that list now for advice on how the NetBSD package might
be fixed.

Perhaps we could consider this "written down" now.

--jkl