Re: HIGification of dialog boxes

Alan Horkan wrote:

[I dont remember seeing "Try" in the HIG, seems redundant if you have
instant apply]

As auspex from #usability explained me yesterday (I hope I haven't messed things up, but the quick look at HIG says I haven't):

- instant apply - the only button is Close. There's no Try, Cancel etc

- explicit apply - has three buttons: Try (this part of HIG is unfinished, it mentions Try in some part and Apply in other; the button applies the change but it's not made permanent), Cancel (reverts the effect of change made by pressing Try, closes the window), OK (applies the change, closes the window).

Krzysztof