Re: getting my uml classes to look like the screen shots

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Heather Buch wrote:
Hi,

I read in the dia FAQ that I can't resize a dia class in UML
mode. However, my class shapes look so awful. They are all about twice as
wide as they should be, which makes it very awkward to fit my diagram on
a page.

I noticed that the screenshots at show uml classes that look good. How
can I get my classes to look like the screenshots classes? Is it a matter
of installing the right fonts? I haven't installed any fonts nor the urw
aliases package. Would installing the urw package make a difference? Is
there a font that produces better results than others? Currently my
machine doesn't seem to have any fonts available other than "courier".

Using Courier for everything would indeed make it look bad.  Depending on
what system you're on, installing urw-aliases may or may not do much good.
Installing some standard bunch of fonts, like the GhostScript fonts, will
probably help.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor