getting my uml classes to look like the screen shots

Hi,

I read in the dia FAQ that I can't resize a dia class in UML mode. However, my
class shapes look so awful. They are all about twice as wide as they should
be, which makes it very awkward to fit my diagram on a page.

I noticed that the screenshots at show uml classes that look good. How can I
get my classes to look like the screenshots classes? Is it a matter of
installing the right fonts? I haven't installed any fonts nor the urw aliases
package. Would installing the urw package make a difference? Is there a font
that produces better results than others? Currently my machine doesn't seem to
have any fonts available other than "courier".

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Heather Buch