Re: PROP_TYPE_LIST declaration [lrclause cs uiuc edu]

From: Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu>
Date: 2003/04/11 Fri PM 01:35:44 EDT

Actually, I'd like to extend it to something more like the UML attributes.
There's little point to a dynamic list where the user can't do anything
more than select one item.  That's just enum with a different container
type.  But if we add ways to add new lines, it may be more interesting.

Now to make something that has all the extra widgets of UML would take a
more complex grouping style prop, something in between PROP_TYPE_FRAME and
PROP_TYPE_LIST.  Once we have that, we could convert UML totally.

If the items in the list are always collected by the program, not to be
inserted directly by the user, you could just use an enum.  Otherwise, I
think it'd better to extend list to be modifiable by the user.

After I looked at the UML - Class->Attributes tab again, I realized it is very close to what I'm trying to
do.  The (other) application I am using for reference has something like this:

                    [^] [v]
+-------------------------+
| listitem0               |
| listitem1               |
|                         |
+-------------------------+
[New...][Rename...][Delete]

where "[^] [v]" are buttons that correspond to UML - Class->Attributes tab's "Move up" and "Move down"
buttons, respectively.  I do slightly prefer the arrows on the buttons, but the way it is on the UML -
Class->Attributes tab would be fine also.

You're thinking about the PropDescription array.  Remember, there are two

Oops! Yes, that is what I was doing.  Thanks.

Now that you helped me straighten that out, I have the empty list coming up in the properties dialog.

Now I think I'm creating the rows incorrectly.  After looking up one of Cyrille's posts, I think I need to
put the rows in a darray, but I'm not sure how to declare the darray in my object (and PropDescription,
PropOffset) such that it gets hooked up to the PROP_TYPE_LIST properly.

Thanks,
Andy