Re: Visio import what are the possibilities [Re: Visio stencils with Dia?]

On ven, 2002-09-27 at 17:58, Alan Horkan wrote:

I have seen the VML that is exported by Visio 2000 and it is not
encouraging.
VML is XML but it is more a list of shapes and links to an EMZ file which
contains the object data.

There is a Sample VXD file that comes with the Microsoft Visio browser
plugin.  (i think i put up a link to the file previously so i think it
added to the collection of sample documents).

It contains a large data block for a preview picture, might be
decipherable.  It also contains some data blocks for icons.  Most of the
XML looks pretty clean and usable, but the format of this data is what
worries me.

Large BLOB inside XML. Vicious.

That reminds me OmniGraffle, and prioprietary Dia clone (just kidding)
for MacOS X that does almost the same for its files.

Hub
--
AbiWord hacker to hire. - Lille, France
http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/ - Cell phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11