Military Map Shapes [was Re: 2-D CAD/CAM]

thanks for saying, i would hate to do redundant work.

Any chance of a quick explanation or overview of how pstoshape.pl works?
(if not i will try and read the Perl myself at some point)
Are you familiar with other programs that do this kind of thing?
Collaboration perhaps?  Any plans to export to other file formats?
Very cool by the way.

I notice from the cannon (historic site) symbol that the shape has empty
gaps in the middle, so it should be possible to somehow do the donut shape
i was previously unable figure out how to do.
I assume the Autoroute and road Shield are not supposed to have any
number on it and that users put the numbers on themselves?

If i see any PDFs i will definately take you up on that generous offer.

just in case anyone else was going to i did most of the military shapes
last night, i want to clean them up and make nice icons before i put them
up tho'.  Rather than using the icons Dia autogenerates I prefer to hand
edit the icons i produce and to make them square and add in transparencey
where appriate.  If you look at my previous work i think you will agree it
makes a difference.
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/screenshots/dia_toolbox_AssortedShapesbyAlanHorkan002.png
hopefully i will get it done soon.

I have already mentioned several timems that i am worried about sensible
groupings of large amounts of shapes and i am wondering if any of these
Map shapes are not Generic, ie Canadian or American specific.  If so
perhaps the sheet should be labelled Canadian or North American Map
Symbols or something.  I was planning on labelling my shapes as Military
or Military Map symbols.
As for grouping of shapes we would most likely want to group the map
shapes together somehow but at the same time i dont think having huge
amounts of shapes on the one sheet is a great idea.

Are there any plans or guidelines on how best to do this?
I dont think i am explaining this very well but anyway.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan