Re: Re[2]: adding shapes: fill and stroke not honored?

On Friday, 20 September '02, Alan G. Isaac wrote:
On Friday, 20 September '02, Alan G. Isaac wrote:
As far as I can tell, Dia does not honor
the fill and stroke attributes?
I would very much like to use the fill
and stroke attributes.  Is this an
oversight or a postponement?

On 20 Sep 2002 14:31:02 -0500 Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
Look at shapes/Logic/connector.c.  It's a filled circle.  Or do you mean
something else?

Great hint! Thanks.
I can now do what I want by using the style attribute.
But is it intentional to force this and not honor the
fill and stroke attributes?  (Section 9.3 of the
SVG recommendation includes these attributes.)

I'm sure that's unintentional.  We want to use all relevant parts of the
SVG specs.

Also, even with your connector I still face the other
problem.  Try to change the fill color of the connector.
I cannot.  (The stroke color can be changed.)

The fill color does seem to be ignored in favor of the stroke color.  I
don't see why that happens.  Please file a bug report on that.

PS Just out of curiosity, why does the connector
use an ellipse instead of a circle?

Because I made them from the standard objects, and there's only a circle
there.

-Lars