Re: building dia

Le Thu, Sep 12, 2002, à 10:53:38AM -0700, Mike Charnoky a écrit:
I've been having problems with flowchart box resizing and noticed that
this was fixed a few days ago.  I'd like to rebuild dia with this fix.
Should I download the .90 sources and apply the patch?  How stable is the
latest snapshot?  Am I correct to assume that dia is undergoing some
drastic changes with the move to Gnome 2.0?

You could try to backport the patch to 0.90. IIRC, there aren't much changed
in FS objects since 0.90 besides this patch, except font handling.

Indeed, the CVS version uses gtk2.0/GNOME 2.0

Also, how can I build this for Windows?  I have some documents that I need
to share with some office mates, some of whom are Windows-only folks.

You need MSVC, a lot of patience, and I strongly advise you to not undertake
building every dependency -- compile only dia itself if you can avoir
compiling the rest (just to save you some hassle). If you do succeed, we
would be very interested in hearing that.

After being out of the dia loop for a while, I was pleasantly surprised to
find a Win build existed!  But, was rather disappointed to find that it
locked up whenever it read in the documents I needed to share :^(

Which version did you try? Does the same version on *nix lock up? Can you
post a sample file?

        -- Cyrille