Re: Dia Code reuse from Sodipodi [Re: [Sodipodi-list] Some plug-in interface ideas (fwd)]

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 16:42, Alan Horkan wrote:

I got no responses
maybe people thought i sent this to the wrong list
so i am resending this message with a different subject line

The main Sodipodi developer is considering how to make libraries of
certain parts of Sodipodi and as Sodipodi is a Gnome based Vector Graphics
program if the Dia developers have an idea on how Sodipodi could best put
together a library/plugin API then they should speak up now.

Does this also count for DiaCanvas (http://diacanvas.sourceforge.net)?
DiaCanvas basically provides the same canvas functionallity as DIA's
canvas does, but in a more generic way. It also resembles some features
Sodipodi's canvas has.

...Create a canvas that has build-in export functionality for commonly
used (image) file formats.
But I can't think of anything else right now. What should be changed
about DiaCanvas to make it suitable for Solipodi?

As far as Lauris' points are conserned:
- libart replacement (faster, cleaner, smaller)
Do not try to reinvent the wheel.
- SVG parsing library (building libart or similar datatypes)
Yes Yes Yes
- Canvas replacement (cleaner and not Gtk-tied)
Not GTK tied? GTK+ is almost as platform independant as possible. I like
the 'cleaner' argument though.

Add: MVC based.

Regards,

Arjan