Re: issues: modal dialogs and uml arrows

Le Tue, Oct 08, 2002, à 10:01:44PM -0400, Johan Ovlinger a écrit:

1) Prettiness: The association arrows in uml place the role-names too
   close to the arrow head, thus obscuring the first/last letters in
   the name by the arrow head.

I think this has been changed in CVS; can you give it a shot?

2) Usability: The modal dialogs you get for classes and packages often
   pop up UNDER all other windows. Pan/Galeon (the only other apps
   that I use with dialogs) get them to pop up on top, so I suspect
   there is a wm hint that can be set somehow. At least there's no
   longer a segfault if you double click the object again (as there
   was in 0.88.1)

I have no idea, but I often have trouble with this kind of behaviour
(especially with Mozilla). Can you see if Pan/Galeon actually *move* the
mouse pointer when they pop a dialog up?

3) Usability: In aforementioned dialogs, pressing return Should act
   like clicking "OK".  Since "Apply" is the default action (hrm)
   binding that to return would also be ok, but that doesn't happen
   either.

Indeed. In fact, we should align with the HIG as much as possible (to the
extent that we do not follow the brain-dead "lack of cancel and lack of OK
button" like the GNOME2 control centre).

4) Usability (questionable): The shape selection reverts to arrow away
   after each use. F.ex, if I want to make several classes, I have to
   click on the class button, place the class, click on the class
   button again, place the next class...  I would prefer the selection
   to be "sticky", so that I had to explicitly click on the arrow tool
   to be able to unselect class tool.

There is a setting for that in the global prefs, and you can use the space
bar as a shortcut between your last two tools.

        -- cyrille