Re: Waiting for a call, xeyes, and vector fields

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Dave Hoover wrote:
Lars Clausen wrote:

Actually, I have an idea to make a multi-prop widget that's collapsible.
That would neatly take care of such cluttering, and then it'd be ok to
have it on the standard line.

Sounds great.

It's coming along nicely.

2.    In the xeyes demo, you probably noticed the funny connection
points floating around by themselves.  These connection points are
half-way between the line handles, even if the lines are drawn
somewhere else due of the gap parameters.
[...]

It should be in the middle of the displayed area.  Fixing that in CVS.

Go ahead if you have time and want to do it.

As you showed, it was a simple fix.

It does turn out that having zero-length lines with arrows is problematic
in CVS, as the arrow doesn't know where to point.

Same thing would happen if you make a zero-length line regardless of gap.
The analogy to box isn't good, as those are different kinds of handles
(non-connectible).

Yes.  In fact, I patched dia-0.9 with the above code, and had problems
with the xeyes demo.

The CVS version contains a fix for this, where an object cannot connect to
itself.  I believe that fixes such problems.

We should add connection points to the ends of the visible line as well.

I tried that, but the behaviour was rather strange.  It would require some
though.

-Lars