Re: Getting rid of old home-grown FontSelector

At Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:16:56 +0200  Cyrille Chepelov wrote
Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 08:26:42PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
After fidling half the last night in widgets.c to make our home-grown
FontSelector work with the recent DiaFont changes I've given up.

Is there any reason we shouldn't use the standard GtkFontSelector and
integrate it into Dia like the GtkColorSelector ?

It would be nice if there was a way, after using the GtkFontSelector, to go
back to the default three families -- I don't know how to do this easily. Or
if it is really worth it.
In this respect my patch wouldn't change current behaviour.
The policy I see is:
If you don't want fonts to change, don't touch the font selector.

All in all, we have gone back and forth between
policies in a couple days, going from "fonts but only 4 styles" to "all
variability", so maybe the real font selector is the more sensible choice
here.
When did we go "fonts but only 4 style". Do you mean your first
misinterpretation of the meaning and usage of DiaFontFamily?
Which reminds me, we could use these bits while saving and
don't save the family name at all if set.

On the other hand the _three_ font family names with a special
meaning are inherited (and configurable by Pango). They are
'Sans', 'Serif' and 'Monospace' and are already saved as such.

        Hans