Re: Dia Anon. CVS Updates?

On 2002-06-24 at 11:08 +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 09:31:48AM +0100, Andrew Ferrier a écrit:
I was having problems with updates from the anon. CVS
server yesterday, so took a look through dia-list archives,
and saw someone had mentioned something about mirroring for
it taking a long time. But I've been waiting for Cyrille's
fix (below) since about 16 BST yesterday, and it still
hasn't arrived, with a fresh checkout and build from CVS at
about 8 BST this morning. Is it really meant to be this
slow? It's a right pain in the ...erm... posterior.

I don't know exactly how much is it lagging behind the
primary CVS. It is very possible that there is only one rsync
per day (conveniently somewhere between 8 BST and 16 BST...)

Where is it rsynced from? Is it possible to access that via any
protocol? (guess not since presumably that requires a login but
just thought I'd check).

You might try using the snapshots to get the updates, then
generate a patch against the same snapshot, then apply the
patch to the anoncvs tree once it eventually catches up...

Good point. That might work quite well. Assume your snapshots
are generated from primary CVS? (and presumably with cron
unless you get up at... erm.. let me see... about 5 in the
morning at the moment, French time, every morning, to do them
;)

--
Andrew Ferrier

email: andrew junk new-destiny co uk