Re: Installation of dia_logo.png

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 05:29, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Fri, Jun 07, 2002, à 10:49:28AM +0200, Pierre Pronchery a écrit:

Compilation is good, my plug-in works, but there's still a problem at
startup, which I should have mentionned before: the dia logo doesn't
show up on splash screen.
(usual error message: Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 713
(gtk_container_add): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.)

Yes, indeed the logo doesn't show up unless it's already present in the
installation directory. This has never been a problem until now...
I guess you will find not only the logo not installed, but also the man
page missing (unless it has been there for a long time). At least, this
is the case on my system.

If you experience the same problem, chances are your compilation is
good, but 'make install' didn't finish successfully. On my system, it
failed in /doc directory.

As specified in /Makefile.am, 'make install' won't run in / until it has
finished 'make install' in all subdirectories. Unfortunately,
dia_logo.png and some other items are in /, so they never get touched.

I have converted /doc/en/* from "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant
V1.1//EN" to "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN", which is used by
other GNOME2 programs. The modification is minor.

However, the problem is how to take advantage of the new help system
(and many other benefits) of GNOME2, since at this moment dia is not
ALWAYS a GNOME program. I mean you have to specify "--enable-gnome"
manually.

Should we go GNOME2 or just stay with GTK2? Personally, I think GNOME2
is great but I can't say for you guys out there using G_OS_WIN32:-)

      -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.