OT!!! -- Re: First offered sheet

OFFTOPIC

I think that one of the problems that I have with dia is the missing
concept of an application. Call me a windows user, but I dont like
fighting with all these windows. I just want them to go away and get
out of my way when i minimize the window!!!

Okay, I'll call you a Windows user.

Most Linux window managers give you a concept called a 'virtual desktop.'
You open your application and all its associated windows on a certain
desktop. When you switch to another desktop, all those windows go away.

In my case, Desktop 1 contains term windows, 2 contains Web Browser, 3
contains email, 4 contains Dia, 5 contains... you get the idea?

Then you just click on desktop #3 to check your email, then click #4 to
get back to Dia. If you're a keyboard user (like me) you bind F1 to
desktop 1, F2 to desktop 2, etc. So to make Dia go away and Email come up,
I only press F3.

I believe (and don't quote me on this, since I use virtual desktops) that
Sawfish (the GNOME window manager) has an option to cause all related
windows to minimise when you minimise an application, as well.

--
Tim Ellis
DB Architect, Gamet