Re: First offered sheet

I think the old ordering maked sense.

I think it makes sense to have UML first, but if you dont use UML you
might disagree.
Perhaps if dia remembered the sheet that was last used and switched
that on startup?

But perhaps  the name of last used sheet could be saved in the
diagram
file ....

The environment should be saved into a file, and even associated
to the document.

Think about a UML mode,
or even an UML static structure mode, an UML use case mode and so forth
each mode presents you with the tools for the job in a fast and easy to
use fashion.

I think that one of the problems that I have with dia is the missing
concept of an application. Call me a windows user, but I dont like
fighting with all these windows. I just want them to go away and get
out of my way when i minimize the window!!!

I guess I would like to declare a document to be of a certain type,
and when we are able to associate structured meta-data to a diagram
this will be very important... Think about using a DTD/SCHEMA/Datatype
to define a document, this will allow you to insert structured
properties into some diagram elements, or even allow you to customize
them.

But you need to associate the document with a type and then use that to
guide your data entry.....

Anyway, just some random thoughts.

Mike

=====