Re: OT!!! -- Re: First offered sheet

--- Tim Ellis <Tim Ellis gamet com> wrote:
OFFTOPIC

I think that one of the problems that I have with dia is the
missing
concept of an application. Call me a windows user, but I dont like
fighting with all these windows. I just want them to go away and
get
out of my way when i minimize the window!!!

Okay, I'll call you a Windows user.

Most Linux window managers give you a concept called a 'virtual
desktop.'
You open your application and all its associated windows on a certain
desktop. When you switch to another desktop, all those windows go
away.

OK, sorry to bother you. Thanks for the tip.
Yes I can and will do that as well..

I use debian/sid gnome 1.4 and will setup a dia desktop.

But the point of the concept of an application being somehow linked to
the document remains. How can I store the GUI settings as a config that
is somehow linked to the docuement?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont