Re: Testing of current CVS version, problems in svg in sketch and eps font problem, proposal for an RDF config file

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, James Michael DuPont wrote:

--- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, James Michael DuPont wrote:

The SVG output in sketch is microscopic,
the font information was not recognized. The lines were lost.

I don't know what SVG does for font support.  We currently output the
font
name as Pango tells us, which unfortunately doesn't always match the
PostScript font name.
Ok, I guess we will have to tweak the fonts via some fontmap table?
What SVG viewers do you want to support? I can try sketch.
It would be nice to start presenting a list of the interfaces to other
systems, what programs have been tested and what bugs are there in
them.

I don't want to support any SVG viewers in particular; I want to support
SVG.  That's what standards is all about.  If a viewer doesn't display it
correctly, I'll check if I follow the standards, and if I do, the viewer is
at fault.

or draw a line from the actor to an object without using multiple
line
segments.

I don't understand this.
Actor --line1-> usecase --lin2--> object
two line segements

Well, looking at for instance http://www.rff.com/UML%20Software%20Design.gif
or http://digilander.libero.it/domenikov/grafica/Use%20case.gif,
it's not like use cases always go between two objects.  I think mixing the
lines and objects into one would be a bad idea.

In fact there is not any use case line symbol in the uml
toobox, but the normal lines work.

Indeed there isn't.  How would such a line look?
I think you would draw a use case line between an actor and another
thing. The use case would be in the middle automatically, and could be
moved after the line is hooked up.

There is a use case symbol.  I don't see how use case lines differ from
standard lines.  Mixing lines and objects would only be confusing.

I don't quite get this, either, but then I'm not familiar with the
standards of use case diagrams.
I have been using : http://www.informatik.fh-luebeck.de/~st/UML/UML1.1/
http://www.informatik.fh-luebeck.de/~st/UML/UML1.1/notation6.html#figure33

But if you google image search on UML use case
http://images.google.com/images?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=use+case+UML&sa=N&tab=gi
you get a bunch of hits.

I see them.  Perfectly doable with current shapes.

On this note, I would like to also add in besides the URL,
a list of RDF like properties. These would be definable using a RDF
schema and then converted into DIA properties. I think that either
XMLLIB could be used to parse the XML and then the properties could
be
created on the fly as needed. Otherwise I can start looking for a
GPLed
RDF lib that we can put on top of the libxml doms if there is none.