Re: Testing of current CVS version, problems in svg in sketch and eps font problem, proposal for an RDF config file

On this note, I would like to also add in besides the URL,
a list of RDF like properties. These would be definable using a
RDF
schema and then converted into DIA properties. I think that
either
XMLLIB could be used to parse the XML and then the properties
could
be
created on the fly as needed. Otherwise I can start looking for
GPLed
RDF lib that we can put on top of the libxml doms if there is
none.

From the looks of it, I doubt libxml can parse RDF.  Too much special
syntax.

The raptor is a RDF parser that can use libxml and expat and supports
python/perl/ruby interfaces... it looks really good.

-Lars is drowning in TLAs.
Sorry I have be reading up on all this stuff: here is a set of
links

I'll have to look some more into this.

Notice that since RDF has no layout to it, we can't make Dia read it
without adding some kind of auto-layout.

Yes that is kind of what I want to do with the introspector,
have a bunch of XML feeds of software meta data into a repository with
graph-layout and DIA backends..

Anyway that is way in the future... I want to help get DIA stable and
usable, it is taking a long time for me to familiarize myself with all
these parts. First i want to look at medoosa, they seemed to use
graphvis as a layout. That will be the first step to move that over to
VCG and plug it into dia....

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont