RE: Unit selection input

Yeah, I am coming to the same conclusion myself.
Current units are: Feet, meter, decimeter, millimeter, point,
centimeter,
inch.  Does anyone feel a strong need for things like yards, miles,
kilometers, pica, etc?

I would say so! Dia is slowly moving towards a point where it can be
used
for more cartography. If there where things like shapes (curved+line
segments)
with holes, a distance finder tool, and an object for compass,
graticule,
legend, and scale, it would be excellent for that.

Alpha support, more layering control, a built-in sheet editor, and text
along
contours would make it near perfect.

also- dont forget user-defined units. And when printing- there should be
a way
to specify the mapping between real units and diagram units...

just a wishlist,