Re: A general box

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Thu, Aug 29, 2002, Ã 03:29:28PM -0500, Lars Clausen a Ãcrit:

I'm not quite sure I understand you.  You want the user to be able to
add properties to the Properties dialogs.  These properties wouldn't
affect the display, but would be saved in the file, useable for other
programs.  Is that right?  (Leaving aside the implementation of how the
user add them.)

I think I understand the same as Lars. The answer I think is just to add
new property descriptors to property desc lists. If they're not used by
the mouseodrom or display code, they'll still appear in dialogs and be
saved.

(in fact, the Link_to_URL thing could be done very very quickly if just
added to one of the propdesc header macros...)

Yes, but allowing the user to add their own things would be neater and
mucho more flexible.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor