A general box

While using Dia, one sees several "dialog boxes". In these boxes
fields of differen types appear: integer, real ,enumerate, string
(multistring) ... which Dia uses as  needed; and some of theese fields
influence the rendering of one or more objects.

I would like that a  user like me were able to implement  similar
boxes to register some properties. Properties which would influence
the way the diagram  file (the XML file) will be processed.  And these
boxes would render just as a box with a title,  showing -or not
showing, at will- the values of fields.

 (I beleive I know or guess quite a lot about this: I can modify
version 0.90 and program as many objects as I need of this type. But I
am proposing something more general: seeing the changes which are
occurring right know in the CVS version, having many objects mean many
programs to adapt ...)

 I would like that designing of such boxes were possible without
touching Dia code. (Well, after this "general property box" were
programmed ....)

 As a possibility, I am thinking of a directory at the user's .dia to
put the descriptions of the needed box or boxes.

 Do you think it makes sense I dream of this?

Loli
email:  loli unsa edu ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net