Re: Strange success story

'Twould be nice to have PDF output as well.  Anybody knowledgeable of PDF?

there are plans to make gnome print not require any gnome libs and work
with just gtk.  gnome print includes print to file ps/pdf.

ask chema for current status.

there are several ways to convert PS to pdf, some more elegant than
others.  i have previously used Ghostscript which includes a program
called pdfwrite to convert PS to PDF.  For an application like Dia that
does not have hyperlinks there is not much of a downside to generating PDF
this way.   There are other options like pdftex (i think it does LaTeX too
or possibly there was a seperate app' called pdflatex).
I am sure some one else can suggest many and various better ways to do
this.

If you really want native PDF support dont let me stop you.  Actually do,
give me a chance to suggest a different feature you know you want more,
you must have mentioned a few, i will dig through the archives if i have
to.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/
http://abisource.com

"My cat's breath smells like catfood"
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~horkana/rusty.jpg

--printtofile option or similar to dia so that this could be
done from the command line? What do people think?  If the
consensus is that it's a good idea, I'll add it as an
enhancement bug.

I guess that is different from the --export option, since there is no .ps
export.  Maybe we should have that.

-Lars