RE: WIN32 compilation, the spirit of GNU software.

On Friday, August 23, 2002 9:43 AM, JMD wrote:
I just pointed out a problem: I bet Hans realized that there could be a
bit a truth in it, and that is why he did what he did, in my opinion.

You would just ban me from the list and ignore me if you really thought
I was %100 wrong!

I'll go out on a limb and say Hans' action is instead an indication of the
oft discussed disgust of open source programmers with users who scream,
"Gimme, gimme, gimme!"  In this case, it wasn't "Gimme this feature" but
"Gimme this tool chain."  Then the implied threats/loaded language started
flying and Hans said, "Fine.  Problem remedied.  The binaries are no longer
available."  You've since back pedaled on the implication that Hans must be
holding something back, but the damage is done, isn't it?

Rob