Re: Reread file option for "image" standard object

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

The work you are doing sounds very interesting.  I wonder if dia is
currently the most appropriate tool for the kind of circuitry work you
are doing but nonetheless i am very glad that you are contributing to
dia.  I think redundant development is a terrible shame and it is a pity
that we do not have a backend engine for simulating circuitry or that
there is not a circuit diagram program that does not use or build on top
of some the same basic pieces as dia.  I guess all i can do to change
this is to start building and maybe add features that would make dia more
attractive to people designing circuitry.  When dia has many more shapes
and plugins it might even make sense to have programs that are
technically just dia with custom plugins and shapes distributed as a
seperate program (but still part of the Dia collection).  Daydreaming
again and getting totally ahead of myself, cant wait to get back to
drawing more shapes (maybe even programming a few shapes).

If you want to do programming, here's one that I'm sure would be loved:
CPU.  An example would look like this:

     +--------+-----+
     |       in0    |
     |              |
    -+ out0     dc5 +-
    -+ out1    halt +-
    -+ out2         |

Extra connectors with each their label to be added at will.

-Lars