Re: Reread file option for "image" standard object

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:

I would not like the diagram change without my conscius intervention;
but,  for this case, I beleive Lars's   idea to pay attention  to
timestamp may be sufficient:

 no need for  another boolean variable as my proposal contains

The rereading of file can be made whenever these two things have
happened, in this order:

a) the file has changed

This is tricky.  stat(2) can take a while, especially over NFS.  If we put
it in image_update_data(), moving or resizing the image would be slowed
down.  We could have it in the image_move_handle() function and only check
when doing HANDLE_MOVE_FINAL (i.e. when the user releases the button after
move).  Unfortunately, image_move() doesn't have the equivalent.  We could
of course also just use an idle timer.

b)the user has clicked the apply or ok button.

Absolutely.

-Lars