Re: Reread file option for "image" standard object

On Wen. 7 Aug 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Wed, Aug 07, 2002, à 08:37:35AM -0300, Dolores Alia de Saravia a
écrit:

why not use a PROP_TYPE_BUTTON and put a trigger on that ?

(granted, the code behind PROP_TYPE_BUTTON is not much tested,
even less
documented. I believe there is still an object with an example in
#ifdef
0 shackles, somewhere in the objects/ tree. Grep...)

For the curious, it's objects/SADT/annotation.c, but I still
recommend
against an explicit button, just like Horkan said.  This isn't
something
the user should have to do.  We should figure out exactly where to
put it
so that it updates frequently enough without slowing things down
(NFS is
the problem child here).

I would not like the diagram change without my conscius intervention;
but,  for this case, I beleive Lars's   idea to pay attention  to
timestamp may be sufficient:

 no need for  another boolean variable as my proposal contains

The rereading of file can be made whenever these two things have
happened, in this order:

a) the file has changed
b)the user has clicked the apply or ok button.

Loli
email:  loli unsa edu ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net