Re: Pango, UTF-8 & Latin1

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002, à 10:19:24AM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

Well, libxml2 doesn't seem to be doing it for Dia now.  I don't know
what's wrong with it.

libxml2 does the right thing. If you don't have an encoding spec in the
header of an XML file, then it's UTF-8. If you pass UTF-8 data to libxml
and don't ask for another encoding spec, you'll get an UTF-8 header. This
is within spec.

Then explain to me why it thinks that the attached diagram is UTF-8 and
misparses the latin1 chars.  Either the encoding I typed in is illegal, in
which case it should give at least a warning, or something deeper is wrong.

-Lars