Re: Pango, UTF-8 & Latin1

Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002, à 12:06:51PM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002, à 10:19:24AM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

Well, libxml2 doesn't seem to be doing it for Dia now.  I don't know
what's wrong with it.

libxml2 does the right thing. If you don't have an encoding spec in the
header of an XML file, then it's UTF-8. If you pass UTF-8 data to libxml
and don't ask for another encoding spec, you'll get an UTF-8 header. This
is within spec.

Then explain to me why it thinks that the attached diagram is UTF-8 and
misparses the latin1 chars.  Either the encoding I typed in is illegal, in
which case it should give at least a warning, or something deeper is wrong.

I don't have an explanation. I have just a simple fact: I CVS updated,
compiled, loaded your file. Save for the ugly font (my Pango is
ill-configured, I need to clear the defoma caches I think), I think the
contents match what you've typed there (you can see the window in the lower
right corner of the screenshot I sent you privately).

muscat%dpkg -l "*libxml*"                     ~/Code/2002/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé
|/ Err?=(aucune)/H=à garder/besoin Réinstallation/X=les deux (État,Err:
majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom            Version        Description
ii  libxml-dev     1.8.17-2       Development files for the GNOME XML library
ii  libxml-grove-p 0.46alpha-6    Perl module for accessing parsed *ML instanc
ii  libxml-parser- 2.31-1         Perl module for parsing XML files
ii  libxml-perl    0.07-5         Perl modules for working with XML
ii  libxml-twig-pe 3.05-2         Perl module for processing huge XML document
pn  libxml0        <néant>        (aucune description n'est disponible)
ii  libxml1        1.8.17-2       GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2        2.4.23-1       GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev    2.4.23-1       Development files for the GNOME XML library
ii  libxmltok1     1.1-8          XML Parser Toolkit, runtime libraries

muscat%ldd app/dia | grep xml                  ~/Code/2002/dia/dia-namedcvs/dia
        libxml2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 (0x40724000)

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.