Re: Is there a more stable version than 0.88.1?

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

many, many hours of work. Shame.
If only the dia save format was XML - I could have done it
with a script or something. Are there any plans to change the dia save
format?

compressed by default, to borrow from Cyrille:
Grumpf!

(please let's agree to disagree and not rehash the arguements had on just
about every project that uses some form of text + standard compression
algorithm, and read on to the end before you flame me)

Dia's default format is compressed XML (Gzip, I think).  But the
compression can be turned off.  On the user interface page of the
preferences dialog, toggle "Compress saved files" to "no".  Save your
imported v0.88.1 files, then edit them as necessary.

Definately gzip compression.

Was the idea of having two different file types such as .dia and .zdia
(or .gzdia or .gzd etc.) ever discussed?

No, I don't remember it being discussed.  That may be a good idea.  Or it
may be confusing to have two extensions for the same content.

[Disclaimer: Not volunteering]
Any plans to change to zip in the future?
http://zipios.sourceforge.net/

See Cyrilles reply.

Whether to compress or not should really be selectable in the save dialog.
That way everybody knows about compression, too.

-Lars