help me compile CVS?

Hi,

I need to make some hacks on Dia so I can use it for my thesis (I require TeX math intermixed with text).

Specifically, I want to fix the text size and alignment in pstricks or make render_eps build a .tex file so I
can use psfrag.

I would rather work on CVS code, but I can't get autogen to work on this RH7.1 system.

I get errors like this:
aclocal: configure.in: 124: macro `AM_LANGINFO_CODESET' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 125: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library

Could somebody just mail me a "configure" generated by recent CVS? I'd rather hack the code then fight with
auto* stuff. (I don't have
root on this box, so I can't use rpm's, I have to compile from scratch)

Regards,
Mark Rages
markrages mlug missouri edu
http://mark.rages.net