Re: font of UML package

On Thursday 11 April 2002 22:21, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

You should never patch a configure script; always the
configure.in source or one of the M4 macros which contribute
to builing the configure script

I wasn't sure I had a sufficiently recent release of
autothingy tools. My point was not to propose a correction
to the configure file, just to show what I had been
forced to quickly hack in order to have configure
running. stderr reports the line numbers of the configure
script, so that's where I looked, that's where I hacked.

I should learn all the autoconf stuff one of these days.
Until then, it's semi magic for me. I'm not a bleeding
edge guy, except for one or two programs and even then,
they are relatively stable ones. So I'm not at ease with
stuff like cvs and autoconf. Give me a good old .tar.gz
and a juicy Makefile, and I'm happy.

(you don't patch an ELF executable, do you ?)

Err... No, never did that. Rewriting a portion of a FAT
by hand, yes, I did that. Got back 99% of the data I
had lost, around 11 MB back in the days. Also for a
floppy that had lost one sector: the MBR.

However, it looks like this patch could help Didier. It is
possible that some M4 macros are screwed on my system indeed
(it's a sid box, and I did a dist-upgrade a couple days ago;
I'll re-do a complete upgrade this week-end, perhaps this'll
bring in fixed M4 files)

It looked to me as if someone had done a messy cut n' paste
and hadn't looked back.

--
adrienbeau yahoo com - Free account at http://mail.yahoo.com