Re: Arrow questions

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Thu, Apr 04, 2002, à 08:54:57AM -0600, Lars Clausen a écrit:

I see.  Since many of the arrows are horizontal or vertical, I'm
thinking using ellipses for those would improve rendering.  I guess a
generic draw_ellipse would be useful for the arrows.

I'm not really convinced this specific routine really needs
improvement. I'd be wary of nasty transition effects between the
horiz/vertical special case and the bezier general case (think how ugly
the comparison between an arrow at 0° and one at 1° from the horizontal
could be, if the rendering code is not perfect). All-Bezier brings
consistency, at the expense of speed nobody ever complained about (of
course, if you do succeed in having consistent aspect while using ellipse
primitives where possible, then the better).

On a related note, I am going to take the Bezier code from render_gdk and
make it the default.  Wee-ha, beziers for everyone.

None ! (though I care about binary incompatibility as much as of my
first cent).

Uhm... how much do you care about your first cent?

about as much as I care for the next ones, taken individually ;-)

Ok.  It used to be a concern, and I think once we hit 1.0, it should be.

-Lars