Re: Arrow questions

Le Thu, Apr 04, 2002, à 08:54:57AM -0600, Lars Clausen a écrit:

I see.  Since many of the arrows are horizontal or vertical, I'm thinking
using ellipses for those would improve rendering.  I guess a generic
draw_ellipse would be useful for the arrows.

I'm not really convinced this specific routine really needs improvement. I'd
be wary of nasty transition effects between the horiz/vertical special case
and the bezier general case (think how ugly the comparison between an arrow
at 0° and one at 1° from the horizontal could be, if the rendering code is
not perfect). All-Bezier brings consistency, at the expense of speed nobody
ever complained about (of course, if you do succeed in having consistent
aspect while using ellipse primitives where possible, then the better).

None ! (though I care about binary incompatibility as much as of my first
cent).

Uhm... how much do you care about your first cent?

about as much as I care for the next ones, taken individually ;-)

(do you have time to refactor the arrow selector code so that there is
only one arrow selector widget instead of two, and one which uses the
actual arrow-drawing code rather than custom, fixed-size code ? That'd
help cut down the amount of code in a very nice way !)

I was wondering why the toolbox arrow selector didn't have tooltips.  Yes,
they should be combined.  I shall look into that.  Don't know if using the
actual arrow-drawing code is the best solution, I may want to use pixmaps
for some of them.

... but you could use the actual arrow-drawing code to generate the pixmaps
upon loading the code (alternatively, you may want to finish diaconv so that
the pixmaps could be re-generated at compile time from actual dia files ;-) )

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.